Sadly, when you need a new radio code this is signified by not hearing anything through your Honda Accord radio. Follow the uncomplicated steps below to find and enter the correct code to unlock the radio.
First, you will need the following:
- The VIN number — Located either on the inside of the driver’s door, in the corner of the driver’s side windshield, on your insurance card, or you can get it from your vehicle registration documents.
- The PHONE NUMBER the vehicle was registered with.
- The ZIP CODE the vehicle was registered with.
- The vehicle’s SERIAL NUMBER (Steps to retrieve this are below).
- Your EMAIL ADDRESS.
- With your vehicle in the ON position without starting the engine.
- You will see an ERROR notification within the Radio screen.
- Press #1, #6 and the POWER button at the same time to retrieve the SERIAL NUMBER. It will appear on the radio screen.
- Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ and enter all the information it asks.
- Once you have your CODE from the site, enter it via the radio number knobs.
The stereo for your Honda Accord is now unlocked.
**NOTE: If you are unable to find and enter the code on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.