The MultiPro Tailgate, a powerful feature on the GMC Sierra model, is more than just a tailgate. Similar to a multi-purpose tool, it can serve different purposes.
2019 – 2022 Models
Hands-Free Power Liftgate
- Approach the liftgate holding your key fob in your hand, pocket, or bag.
- As soon as you are 6 feet away from the rear of your car, the logo projection will automatically turn on.
- Kick directly over the logo or, for older vehicles, at the sensor. The sensor will not activate by kicking straight within 5 inches of the bumper or sweeping the foot from side to side; alternatively, step on the logo projection.
- You will have time to back away before the liftgate opens safely. When the liftgate opens, the rear lights will flash, and a chime will sound.
- After a 2-second delay, the rear lights will flash, and a sound will chime to notify you that the liftgate is closing.
Adjust the Liftgate Height
The liftgate switch should be set to 3/4, but you can manually raise it to the desired height.
- Activate the liftgate.
- For three seconds, press and hold the button next to the liftgate latch. Depending on your vehicle, this button’s location may change.
- When the setting has been saved, the turn signals will flash, and a sound will chime.
2010 – 2018 Models
- Unlock your car either with the locking mechanisms inside the car or using your keys/keyfob.
- Place yourself at the rear of your vehicle and locate the liftgate handle.
- Lift the handle as you guide the liftgate down.