If you’re reminded every time you start your GMC Acadia that the oil needs changed you can reset that warning. Follow the below instructions to reset your oil change light.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position but without starting the engine.
- On the steering wheel click the right arrow until the dash displays the “VEHICLE” menu.
- Click the down arrow until you see “REMAINING OIL LIFE“
- Press and hold the center Check Mark button until the screen changes.
- Select YES to confirm the reset.
After these steps have been performed, you have successfully reset the oil light on the GMC Acadia. If you are unable to reset the oil light utilizing one of these methods, repeat the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.