Resetting the digital clock in your vehicle is required after a battery change or if you travel to a different time zone. Here are the uncomplicated steps to follow to reset the clock on the Kia Forte.
Vehicles with Standard Clock
- Insert key into ignition without starting the engine.
- Located to the left of the clock, press the H (hour) button to adjust the present hour. You can hold it to speed through numbers.
- Located to the left of the clock, press the M (minute) button to adjust the present minute.
To switch between military time and 24-hour Format: Press both the H & M buttons at the same time until the time changes.
Vehicles with Digital Navigation
- TOUCH and HOLD clock. CLOCK SETTINGS will appear.
- Using the UP & DOWN Arrows, adjust the time.
- Located to the left in the screen, choose 12h or 24h formats.
- You also have the option to turn daylight saving time OFF or ON.
- Turning on the GPS TIME will allow the system to automatically adjust your time dependent on your present location. This feature will change your clock when you cross into a different time zone.
You can change the appearance of the clock as well by switching to ANALOG.
- Go to Settings.
- Touch Analog.
- Touch Done.
- Press in and hold the POWER button until you hear a BEEP.
A traditional clock is now visible versus the digital numbers.
NOTE: If you are unable to reset the digital clock on the Kia Forte on the first try, repeat the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.