Resetting the digital clock in your vehicle is required after a battery change or if you travel to a different time zone. Here are the uncomplicated steps to follow to reset the clock on the Kia Forte.
2020 – 2023 Models
Vehicles with Standard Clock
- Insert the key into the ignition without starting the engine.
- Located to the left of the clock, press the H (hour) button to adjust the present hour. You can hold it to speed through numbers.
- Located to the left of the clock, press the M (minute) button to adjust the present minute.
To switch between military time and 24-hour Format: Press both the H & M buttons at the same time until the time changes.
- TOUCH and HOLD clock. CLOCK SETTINGS will appear.
- Using the UP & DOWN Arrows, adjust the time.
- Located to the left of the screen, choose 12h or 24h formats.
- You also have the option to turn daylight saving time OFF or ON.
- Turning on the GPS TIME will allow the system to automatically adjust your time dependent on your present location. This feature will change your clock when you cross into a different time zone.
2014 – 2019 Models
- Place your car on accessory mode.
- Locate the Set-up button (below the display as part of the control buttons or as a set-up icon on the home screen of touchscreen systems).
- Select Date/Time.
- If you want your car to automatically set its clock based on the GPS, check GPS Time.
- Select Daylight Savings Time. Doing this will adjust the clock by an hour. You will need to change the time manually if this does not work.
- Use the up and down arrows on the screen to change the time or date.
- Exit the screen when finished.
Change the Clock Display
You can change the appearance of the clock as well by switching to ANALOG.
- Go to Settings.
- Touch Analog.
- Touch Done.
- Press in and hold the POWER button until you hear a BEEP.
A traditional clock is now visible versus digital numbers.
NOTE: If you are unable to reset the digital clock on the Kia Forte on the first try, repeat the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.