Learn how to reset the oil change light on the Subaru Forester using these steps.
*After the oil/filter change, if the light does not disappear automatically, simply implement the following uncomplicated steps pertaining to one of the images below:
- Switch the Ignition ON.
- Using the UP and DOWN arrows located on the steering wheel, within the MENU toggle to SET.
- Pull and HOLD the CENTER button until you see the MAINTENANCE menu.
- Choose ENGINE OIL from the options.
- Press SET.
- Type in the mileage you want until the next oil change is due. DONE!
- With your vehicle in the ON position without starting the engine.
- Using the ENTER button press DOWN until you see PRESS AND HOLD ENTER in the dash screen.
- Press in the ENTER button and HOLD it, another menu will pop up.
- Scroll down to MAINTENANCE press ENTER.
- ENGINE OIL will be highlighted, press ENTER.
- Type in the mileage you want until the next oil change is due.
- Scroll down and hit SET. Wait for the screen to read SETTING COMPLETE.
**NOTE: If you are unable to reset the oil change notification light on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.
Tip: After each oil change and new filter, the maintenance oil light indicator may need resetting for effective performance. This indicator is included to alert you if there is a problem with the vehicle’s oil and is NOT to be ignored! If the warning is not addressed, this can lead to other unexpected costly engine issues.