We all experience the unknown reason of flashing dashboard lights. Is the oil light on your Ford Transit lit and you want to reset it? No worries, allow us to help you successfully remove this particular one for you. Follow each step below to reset your oil light indicator:
- Turn off the ignition and make sure all of the doors are closed.
- Turn the ignition key to the ON position without starting the engine.
Note: If your vehicle has a push-to-start button, press and hold the Start button for 2 seconds without pressing on the brake pedal.
- At the same time, press and hold BOTH the Brake and the Gas pedals until you see a message on the dash display that reads “Service: Oil reset in prog“.
- Continue to press the Brake and the Gas pedals for 20-25 seconds , until the dash display reads, “Service: Oil reset complete“.
- You can now take your feet off of the pedals and turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
- Start the engine. The oil light will turn OFF, meaning you have successfully reset your oil change light!
The oil change notification light should now be cleared on your Ford Transit.
You are welcome to leave a comment or question and we will do our best to assist you in a timely manner.