An “Oil Change Required” message will display on the Ford Transit when the system detects that an oil change is due. Once the maintenance service has been completed, you can perform on oil reset using these steps.
Option 1 – Using Gas and Brake Pedals
- Turn off the ignition and make sure all of the doors are closed.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine.
- Press and hold both the accelerator and brake pedals all the way down.
- Keep holding both pedals for 25 seconds. The oil reset should be completed.
- You can now take your feet off of the pedals and turn the key to the OFF position.
- Start the engine. The oil light will turn OFF, meaning you have successfully reset your oil change indicator.
Option 2 – Using Info Display Controls
- Press the “Menu” button and go to “Settings“.
- Select “Vehicle Maintenance“, then press “OK“.
- Select “Oil Life“, then press “OK“.
- Select “Reset Oil Life“, then press and hold the “OK” button until the oil reset is confirmed on the display.
2016 and Prior Models
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position. For push button ignitions, press and hold the “Engine Start Stop” button for 2 seconds until the electronics turn on. Do not start the engine.
- Simultaneously press and hold the brake and gas pedals all the way down to the floor for 25 seconds.
- Stop holding the brake and gas, and switch the ignition “Off“.
The next time you start the vehicle, the oil change light will be reset.
I hope these steps have helped you reset the oil life system on the Ford Transit. If they didn’t work for you, try the steps again. If you need help, please leave a comment below.