A “Oil Change Required” or “Change engine oil soon” notification on the instrument panel reminds drivers of when oil maintenance is due. Once you’ve had an oil change performed on your Ford Maverick, you will want to reset the oil light in the system. Just follow these steps.
- Press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once without holding the brake. Do not start the engine.
- Press the ☰ “Menu” button on the steering wheel to display the menu options.
- Use the ▲▼ arrows on the steering wheel to highlight “Settings“. Press OK to select.
- Use the ▲▼ arrows to highlight “Oil Life“. Press “OK” to select.
- Press and hold the “OK” button for about 3 seconds. This should complete the reset.
I hope this guide has helped you figure out how to reset the oil light on the Ford Maverick. If you have questions, feel free to leave one in the comments section below.