Learn how to change the “Engine Oil Change Due” indicator on your Ford Fusion with this tutorial.
On the vehicle display, go to “Settings” > “Vehicle” > “Oil Life” > “Hold OK to reset“.
- Press the “Setup” button on the steering wheel to access “Vehicle Settings“.
- Repeatedly press the “Setup” button on the steering wheel to toggle the selection until “Oil Life” is displayed.
- Press the “Reset” button on the steering wheel to select “Oil Life“.
- Repeatedly press “Setup” to scroll through the list and set the percentage manually. To reset it completely, toggle the selection to “Set to 100%“. Once you have selected the desired oil life percentage, press the “Reset” button to pick that item.
- Turn the key to indicator. Do not start the engine. For push button ignitions, just press the button once without holding the brake. Do not start the engine.
- For turn key ignitions, press both the gas and brake simultaneously for about 20 seconds. For push button models, press and hold the button and the gas pedal simultaneously for about 20 seconds. The display will say “Resetting Oil“. Keep pressed until it says completed.
I hope these instructions have helped you successfully reset the oil light on the Ford Fusion. Let me know how it worked for you in the Comments section.