The Ford Fusion will remind you when maintenance is due by displaying an “Engine Oil Change Due” indicator on the instrument panel. Once the service is done, you can use these steps to perform an oil reset on the system.
On the vehicle display, go to “Settings” > “Vehicle” > “Oil Life” > “Hold OK to reset“.
- Press the “Setup” button on the steering wheel to access “Vehicle Settings“.
- Repeatedly press the “Setup” button on the steering wheel to toggle the selection until “Oil Life” is displayed.
- Press the “Reset” button on the steering wheel to select “Oil Life“.
- Repeatedly press “Setup” to scroll through the list and set the percentage manually. To reset it completely, toggle the selection to “Set to 100%“. Once you have selected the desired oil life percentage, press the “Reset” button to pick that item.
These steps work on older and hybrid models.
- Turn the key to indicator. Do not start the engine. For push button ignitions, just press the button once without holding the brake. Do not start the engine.
- For turn key ignitions, press both the gas and brake simultaneously for about 20 seconds. For push button models, press and hold the button and the gas pedal simultaneously for about 20 seconds. The display will say “Resetting Oil“. Keep pressed until it says completed.
The “Engine Oil Change Due” will appear once again after the vehicle has travelled about 3,000 miles.
I hope these instructions have helped you successfully perform an oil reset on the Ford Fusion. Let me know how it worked for you in the comments section.