Learn how to reset the oil change indicator on the 2011-2020 Ford Focus using these steps.
- Turn the key to indicator. Do not start the engine. For push button starts, press the button once without starting the engine, then quickly perform the next step.
- For turn key ignitions, press both the gas and brake simultaneously all the way down as far as they will go for about 20 seconds. The display will say “Resetting Oil”. Keep pedals pressed until it says completed.
Thanks to “Chip” for this tip.
- Using the directional pad on the left side of the steering wheel, select “Settings“.
- Choose “Vehicle“.
- Select “Oil Life Reset“.
- Press and hold the “OK” button.
- Select the percentage you wish to be warned for your next oil change.
You have successfully completed resetting the oil change light on the Ford Focus.