This post will explain how to reset the oil change indicator on the 2011-2020 Ford Focus. Just use these steps.
- Turn the key but do not start the engine.
- For push button starts, press the start/stop button once without starting the engine, then quickly perform the next step.
- For turn key ignitions, press the gas and brake simultaneously all the way down as far as they will go for about 20 seconds. The display will say “Resetting Oil.” Keep the pedals pressed until it says completed.
Thanks to “Chip” for this tip.
- Using the directional pad on the left side of the steering wheel, select “Settings.”
- Choose “Vehicle.”
- Select “Oil Life Reset.”
- Press and hold the “OK” button.
- Select the percentage you wish to be warned for your next oil change.
You have successfully completed resetting the oil change light on the Ford Focus.
5 thoughts on “Ford Focus: Reset Oil Change Indicator”
Hold gas break peddle and button at the same time for 20 seconds.
So, I can also reset by holding the start button and brake for 20 seconds?
Thank you for the tip. I checked on YouTube to find a solution and in theory it should have worked. On the YouTube video it was clear and concise of how to perform the reset. Unfortunately when it got to the oil life part, the car on the YouTube video had a reset option which was missing on my car for some bizzare reason. The simaltaneous pressing of both accelerator and brake pedal for 20 seconds done the trick. I think Ford may have changed the technique to stop the masses reseting the indicator themselves. Thank you so much for the tip.
My mk4 ecoblue went in for a software update and when I got it back they had removed the oil life reset facility after a few tries I discovered if you press the Start button once then hold clutch and gas at the same time the oil life resets to 100%
When I go to settings there is nothing labeled “Vehicle”