Are you wondering how to turn the headlights on the Ford Focus on or off? This tutorial will guide you through the process.
- Locate the headlight dial to the left of the steering wheel below the air vent.
- Turn the dial to the desired position.
- Position 1 is Off.
- Position 2 turns the parking lights to on.
- Position 3 turns the headlights to on.
- Position 4 sets the lights to turn off and on automatically.
To turn on your high-beam headlights, push the left lever attached to the steering wheel forward. An indicator on the console with display when your brights are on.
I have my lights set to “Off”. Why are the lights still on?
Those are the Daytime Running Lights (DRL). Some older models of the Ford Focus are programmed to have the Daytime Running Lights on at all times, even when the lights are set to “Off”. There is no way to disable them on these models.