One of the essential parts of your car is the car radio. Whether getting directions from GPS or listening to music, a stereo system is important for your driving experience. However, you may experience challenges with your car’s radio. This article guides you on how to reset your stereo system.
The following are the steps for resetting the stereo system of your Ford F-150
- Press and hold the Seek and the audio unit Power buttons simultaneously until the screen goes black.
- Wait for three minutes for the system to complete the reset.
- Switch the system on by pressing the audio unit Power button on.
Master Stereo Reset
If the above procedure does not successfully reset the stereo system, continue with a master reset by following these steps.
- Start your vehicle. Ensure your car is in ‘park’ and running, not in accessory mode.
- On your vehicle’s SYNC screen, press Settings.
- Choose General.
- Scroll down, and press Master Reset.
- A message confirming the system setting will disappear, and the reset factory defaults will appear on the screen.
- Press Continue. You will see a ‘Resetting to factory default’ message on the screen.
- The system will now turn off, and the screen will go blank. Wait for the system to reset and resume normal functioning after a few minutes.
The above steps can be used in any of the following Ford F-150 models
- 2021 – present Ford F-150 (9th Generation)
- 2015 – 2020 Ford F-150 (8th Generation)
- 2009 – 2014 Ford F-150 (7th Generation)
- 2004 – 2008 Ford F-150 (6th Generation)