The Keyless Entry system on the Ford F-150 allows for a code to be entered on a numerical pad on the door to enter the vehicle. Every Ford F-150 has a factory key that is used for this Keyless Entry system. If you need this code, use these steps to obtain it.
1995 – 2023 Models
Note: You will need 2 keys or remote key fobs that are programmed for the vehicle to be able to perform these steps.
Models with Key
- Insert one KEY into the IGNITION.
- Switch IGNITION ON for a few seconds.
- Switch IGNITION OFF.
- Remove KEY.
- Insert the SECOND KEY into the IGNITION.
- Switch IGNITION ON.
- The FACTORY CODE will show for a few seconds on the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER above the STEERING WHEEL.
Models with Push Button Ignition
- Place the first smart key fob into the slot inside the center console with the buttons on the fob facing downward. Wait 5 seconds.
- The slot is in the front cup holder in a few models.
- The slot might also be toward the rear of the center console.
- Push the “Start/Stop” button once again to turn it off.
- Remove the first key fob from the slot.
- Place the second key fob into the slot with the buttons.
- Push the “Start/Stop” button again. Do not start the engine.
The factory Keyless Entry code will appear on the display.
Lost a Key
If you don’t have 2 programmed keys, then you can find the code by following one of these 2 options.
- Locate the Smart Junction Box in your Ford F-150. The box is normally located on the driver’s side, over the brake pedal. You may have to grab a flashlight and peel the trim back a bit to spot it.
- Look for a bar-coded sticker on the Smart Junction Box that has a 5-digit code or a 5-digit code plus a letter on it. That code is the keyless door entry code.
Or your dealer can get the factory code for you. You will need to show the following:
- Personal ID.
- Vehicle documentation that includes the Vehicle Identification number.