If you no longer need to be reminded with the “Engine oil change due” indicator for your Ford Escape, you can reset the oil change light using these steps.
- Using the directional pad on the left side of the steering wheel, select “Settings“.
- Choose “Vehicle“.
- Select “Oil Life Reset“.
- Press and hold the “OK” button.
- Select the percentage you wish to be warned for your next oil change.
- Turn the key to indicator. For push button models, push the Start button once with foot off the brake pedal to activate accessory position. Do not start the engine.
- Press both the gas and brake simultaneously for about 20 seconds. You should see a message appear on the display that says the oil is being reset.
I hope this tutorial has helped you with the steps on how to reset the “Engine oil change due” notification on your Ford Escape. Please feel free to share your experience in the comments section.