Cruise control is a cool way to put your Chevy Equinox on autopilot so to speak. In this setting, the vehicle can maintain speeds of 25mph or more without having to press the accelerator. However, it will not set at below 25mph. In addition, the feature disconnects when the brake is applied. Albeit this is a wonderful feature, be aware that cruise control can be dangerous on winding roads, in traffic, and on wet slippery or icy roads. With that being said, here are the steps to follow to set your Cruise Control.
Enable Cruise Control
- On the left of your steering wheel, you will find the Cruise Control buttons. Press in the TOP of the button to turn the system ON.
- You will then see a WHITE icon pop up in the cluster notifying- Cruise Control is On.
- Press the middle RES/+ button down to set your speed. The white icon will now turn Green indicating Cruise Control is Set and Active.
- You can now take your foot off of the accelerator and ride.
- Pressing the far left icon with an X or the brake, will disengage speed and will save the previous set speed.
- To resume previous speed, press RES/+ UP.
- Press in the bottom of the button to the right to turn the system OFF.
- Dash looking clock with an arrow (On/Off) – Press to turn the system ON/OFF; Be sure the system is OFF when not using it, as if RES/+ or -SET is active, you could accidentally hit either, which will cause your vehicle to enter cruise control mode
- SET/− (Set/Coast) – Used to set or decrease your desired speed
- RES/+ – To maintain the desired speed or to accelerate the set speed. To increase the speed press this button. Each press will increase the speed at 1 mph faster.
Cancel Cruise Control
There are five ways to end cruise control:
- Step on the brake lightly.
- Press the X icon on the steering wheel.
- Press the clutch pedal for several seconds or shift to Neutral (manual transmissions).
- Shift the transmission to N (Neutral).
**If you are unable to activate this feature on the first try, REPEAT the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.