Once you have completed an oil change service on your Dodge Dart, you’ll want to reset the oil system. Resetting the oil system will clear any notifications such as “Oil Change Due” in the instrument panel.
- Starting with the engine turned off and the gear in (P)ark, turn the ignition to the “On/Run” position to turn on the electronics. Do not start the engine or press the brake pedal.
- Press the gas pedal all the way down to the floor 3 times within 10 seconds.
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position.
- Method 2 (Vehicles Without Passive Entry)
Starting with the engine turned off and the gear in (P)ark, turn the ignition to the “On/Run” position. Do not start the engine or press the brake pedal.
- Press the 🔼button to scroll to “Vehicle Info“.
- Press ▶️ to access the “Oil Life” menu.
- Press and hold ▶️ for more than 1 second. The Oil Life will reset to 100%.
If the process doesn’t work for you the first time, try the steps again.
I hope after following this guide you have successfully reset the oil system on your Dodge Dart. If you have questions or comments, please leave one below in the comments section.