If you no longer need to be reminded with a message there is an “Oil Change Due” or “Oil Change Required” on the instrument panel of your Dodge Charger, reset the notification using these steps.
Option 1 – Vehicles with Keyless Enter-N-Go
These instructions will work for 2017-2021 year models.
- On the instrument cluster display, press the button to start the engine and place the ignition in the “ON/RUN” position. Do not start the engine.
- Use the “Down Arrow” button to toggle the selection to “Vehicle Info“.
- Press the “Right Arrow” button to get to the “Oil Life” screen.
- Press and hold the “OK” button, and the Charger’s oil life will reset back to 100%.
Option 2 – All Models
These instructions will work for any year model of Dodge Charger.
- Turn the ignition to “On“. Do not start the engine. If you have a push button ignition, press the “Start” button two times.
- Slowly press the gas pedal all the way down 3 times. Do all three presses within 10 seconds.
- Switch the ignition to “Off“.
You’re done! The oil change message on your Dodge Charger should be gone.