Have you recently rotated, replaced, or inflated one of the tires on your Chevy Traverse? You may see a warning sign on your dashboard indicating that your tire pressure isn’t balanced. You will need to reset your TPMS system to get rid of this signal and ensure the safety of your vehicle.
The reset process requires a TPMS diagnostic relearn tool you can purchase from your auto dealer or Amazon.
- Park your vehicle and turn the ignition key ON but keep the engine off.
- Press the engine start/stop switch for about five seconds to set your vehicle to Service Mode.
- Scroll to the Tire Pressure menu using the steering wheel’s Driver Information Center (DIC) buttons.
- Press and hold the V button to activate the relearn process. A Tire Learning Active message will pop up on the dashboard.
- Using your TPMS tool start the reset process on the driver’s side front tire.
- Place the TPMS tool against the tire sidewall beside the valve system and press the button. The vehicle will beep once when the reset for that tire is complete.
- Move to the passenger’s side front tire, passenger’s side rear tire, and driver’s side rear tire, and repeat the process with each one.
- The vehicle will beep twice to signal the end of the reset process, and the Tire Learning Active alert on the DIC will disappear.
- Turn off the vehicle.
- Set the pressure of the four tires as recommended on the Tire and Loading Information label.
- Ensure the vehicle is parked and turn the ignition switch to the RUN/ON position but keep the engine off.
- Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the key simultaneously until the vehicle beeps twice.
- A Tire Learning Active message will pop up on the DIC screen, signaling the start of the reset process.
- Start the process with the driver’s side front tire.
- Place the TPMS tool against the tire sidewall beside the valve system.
- Press the button and wait for the vehicle to beep once.
- Move to the passenger’s side front tire and repeat the same process. Going clockwise, check the other tires.
- When all four tire pressures match the wheel position, the vehicle will beep twice to signal the end of the TPMS reset process. The Tire Learning Active message will disappear from the DIC screen.
- Turn off the vehicle.
- Set the pressure of all four tires as the Tire and Loading Information label recommends.