Despite General Motors’ decision to halt production of the Chevy Sonic in 2020, thousands of these cars are roaming the streets. If you’re having stereo issues and having trouble accessing the owner’s manual, here’s how you can reset the stereo system.
2016 – 2022
- On the infotainment center’s console, click the Home button indicated with the shape of a house.
- On the My Link screen, tap the Settings icon indicated by the shape of a gear.
- On the Systems tab of the MyLink screen, scroll down 🔽 to the bottom of the list and tap the option, Return to Factory Settings.
- Tap the option Reset Vehicle Settings.
- Confirm the selection by tapping Reset.
- Tap OK and X-out of the screen by tapping the X in the upper right-hand corner.
2012 – 2015
In order to reset the stereo system, they are a lot more complicated and some of the “fixes” require moving the radio We suggest visiting a mechanic or a Chevrolet dealership to avoid these more in-depth tasks.