Learn how to open the trunk of your Chevy Sonic to get back on the road faster!
Unlock the Trunk from Inside the Car
- Locate the trunk release button to the left ◀️ of the steering wheel.
- Click the button with the image of a car with its trunk open.
Unlock the Trunk from Outside the Car
- Press the button on the key fob with the image of a car with its trunk open.
- Put your hand under the Chevy logo on your trunk and pull up 🔼 to open.
Sometimes your trunk won’t open; here are some suggestions to help you get it open.
A Sticky Trunk
- Once you can get your trunk open, spray lubricant on the latch.
Faulty Wiring or Dead Key Fob Battery
- Listen if you can hear a blipping noise when you click the remote.
- If there is no sound, the latch solenoid might not be working, so there’s probably an issue with the wiring.
- Disconnect the battery, reconnect, and try again.
- If that does not work, you may need a new battery in your key fob.
Open the Trunk Manually
- You can open the trunk manually by pulling down 🔽 the back seats.
- Reach and pull the trunk latch from inside the trunk.