If for any reason, you are not using the Chevy Sonic’s hands-free Bluetooth connection to your phone, you are missing out on a lot! For over a decade now, it has been possible to make/receive calls, stream music, text hands-free, and navigate GPS superbly without stopping your car to check your phone.
Today, having a car that can connect to your phone is a no-brainer. Yet, for some, the struggle to adapt is still real. If you fall under this category, worry not. We are here to sort your problems regardless of what Chevy Sonic model you drive.
2020 – 2022
Amongst other features, the 2020-2022 Chevy Sonic come with high-quality and much-enhanced Bluetooth connectivity to help drivers connect to their phones effectively.
- On the screen located on your center stack, select the “Phone” option.
- Select Connect Phone.
- Go to the Settings option on your smartphone and select Bluetooth.
- At this point, your car’s Bluetooth will be trying to connect with any nearby Bluetooth-enabled devices. On your phone, find the name of your vehicle and tap it.
- A pin will appear on both your center stack’s screen and your smartphone. Confirm the code and pair the devices.
- In some cases, your smartphone will prompt you to allow contact synchronization. If you want to make calls with your car’s Bluetooth, hit agree.
2015 – 1019
- Navigate to the Settings option from your phone and select Bluetooth.
- Make your Bluetooth option Discoverable.
- On your car’s center stack, hit Telephone, then select Search for Bluetooth Devices.
- Select your car name on your phone as soon as it appears on your car’s display.
- When you see “Attempting to connect to SSP, continue?” Hit “yes” on your car’s display and pair with your mobile phone.
2012 – 2014
- Go to the Settings option from your mobile phone and select Bluetooth.
- Make your phone’s Bluetooth Discoverable.
- Go to the Configure option on your car’s dash, scroll down 🔽 to Bluetooth, and then press the button to select it.
- Press the button on your car again until you see “Do you want to pair the device?” Click “yes.”
- Enter the code provided by your car on your phone and connect.