There are various reasons to open the hood of your vehicle. Maybe you want to check the battery, the coolant, or cool down the engine after a long drive. Whatever the reason, you can open the hood of a Chevy Silverado in a few simple steps.
- Ensure you’re parked, and your vehicle is turned off before opening your hood.
- Locate the hood release latch inside your vehicle. The latch is located on the lower left side of your steering column. The latch has a printed image of a car with the hood propped up.
- Pull the hood release latch until you hear the hood pop.
- Walk to the front of your vehicle and locate the secondary release latch under the edge of the hood. This secondary latch is located just above the Chevy symbol on the grill. Slide your hand under the hood and pull the secondary latch to the right to release the hood.
- Carefully raise the hood. On newer models, once the hood is slightly opened, the vehicle’s gas strut system automatically lifts the hood and holds it in place to avoid accidental closure.