Once the Remaining Oil Life hits a low percentage on the Chevy Malibu, a message that says “CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON” will be displayed. After changing the oil, you’ll want to learn how to reset the Engine Oil Life. Do it with this tutorial.
- Turn the ignition to the first position. Do not start the engine. For push-button models, press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once without holding the brake.
- Press the accelerator pedal slowly all the way down 3 times within a 5 second interval.
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position. For push-button models, press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once without holding the brake.
The next time you start your Malibu, the Oil Life will be reset.
- Bring up the Driver Information Console by pressing the “Menu” button on the turn signal lever.
- Use the buttons on the steering wheel to scroll to “Remaining Oil Life“.
- Press and hold the “√” button.
The oil life on your Chevy Malibu will reset to 100%.