Reset the “Change Engine Oil” message on your Chevy Impala with these steps.
Method 1 – 1999-2018 Models
- Start with the ignition completely off, then turn the ignition to the “ON” position. Do not start the engine.
- Slowly press the accelerator pedal all the way down 3 times within a 5 second interval.
- The “Change Engine Oil” message should flash 3 times and clear.
Method 2 – 2006-2012 Models
To remove the “CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON” message and reset your oil life, look to the right of the steering wheel. Here you’ll find four buttons to interact with the display (aka the driver information center). The button images are kinda hard to describe, so I’ve given them special names (see image).
- Keep clicking the Information button until you see OIL LIFE REMAINING preceded by a number.
- This is how much oil life is left. When you near 0% you should change your oil!
- Press and hold down the Checkmark button for 5 seconds, the number should reset to 100%
- Click the Road button to return to normal dash display operation!