Reset the “Change Engine Oil” message on your Chevy Impala with these steps.
- Turn the electronics of the vehicle on. Do not start the engine.
- Using the controls on the right side of the steering wheel, press the “Up” or “Down” navigational buttons to navigate to “Info“. Press the “√” button to select it.
- press the “Up” or “Down” navigational buttons to navigate to “Remaining Oil Life“.
- Press and hold the “√” button until 100% is shown for the oil life.
- Start with the ignition completely off, then turn the ignition to the “ON” position. Do not start the engine.
- Slowly press the accelerator pedal all the way down 3 times within a 5 second interval.
- The “Change Engine Oil” message should flash 3 times and clear.
To remove the “CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON” message and reset your oil life, look to the right of the steering wheel. Here you’ll find four buttons to interact with the display (aka the driver information center). The button images are kind of hard to describe, so I’ve given them special names (see image).
- Keep clicking the Information button until you see OIL LIFE REMAINING preceded by a number.
- This is how much oil life is left. When you near 0% you should change your oil!
- Press and hold down the Checkmark button for 5 seconds, the number should reset to 100%
- Click the Road button to return to normal dash display operation!