How to Open the Hood
Impala 2006 – 2012 models
Opening the hood to any car feels easy, but there are subtle differences between vehicles. Here’s how to open the hood of an Impala:
- Look down and to the left of the steering wheel. Beside the emergency break you’ll see a lever with a car icon on it (see first image below).
- Grab the lower part of this lever and pull until you hear a “clunk!”
- Move to the front of the car and you’ll notice the hood is slightly jarred. Bend down and check out the area just above the Chevy logo.
- Look for a small metal tab (see second image). Push this tab to the right with one hand while pulling the hood upward with the other.
- The hood will start to lift. If it stops, pull that metal tab right a little bit more.
- The hood will eventually fully open from the power of the hydraulic bar on the right side (see third image).
- When you’re done, slowly pull the hood down with one hand while supporting it with the other.
- When the hood is a few inches from being closed, let go with both hands and it will slam shut!
NOTE: The hydraulic bar will keep the hood open for you, there’s no further action needed to hold the hood!