We show you how to enable and disable the child safety door locks on the Chevy Impala with this tutorial.
Child safety locks are controlled using a button on the driver’s side door.
A light on the instrument panel will indicate whether the child safety locks are engaged.
- Have your car key in hand.
- Open a rear door and look on the inside of the door for a child icon.
- Look for a while circle of plastic with a slot (see image below).
- If the slot is up and down the child lock is DISABLED.
- Use your key to turn the slot to enable or disable the child safety lock.
- While it’s enabled the door can’t be open from the inside.
- Remember to set the other rear door to the same position.