Adjust the Chime Volume
Impala 2006 – 2012 models
Is the “Open Door” chime (or all chimes for that matter) way too loud and killing the mood with your lady friend? Or maybe it’s too soft and your leaving your keys in the car because of it? Well here’s how to adjust the chime volume:
First, look to the right of the steering wheel. Here you’ll find four buttons to interact with the display (aka the driver information center). The button images are kinda hard to describe, so I’ve given them special names (see image).
- Keep clicking the List button until you see “CHIME VOLUME: PRESS ✔ TO CHANGE”.
- Click the Checkmark button once
- Now use the List button again to cycle through your choices. You can choose from: Normal, Loud, and No Change
- When the setting you want is displayed, click the Checkmark button to choose it.
- Click the Road button to return to normal dash display operation!