Opening the hood can initially seem complicated if you’re unfamiliar with the Chevy Equinox. Luckily opening the hood only takes a few simple moves if you have the correct information. Here’s a comprehensive guide on opening the hood of various Chevy Equinox models.
2011 – 2022 Models
- Park your car and turn off the engine.
- Find the hood release lever in the car’s cabin close to the driver’s footrest area.
- Pull the lever outwards, and the hood will open slightly.
- Exit the vehicle and walk to the front of your car.
- Place your hand underneath the hood close to its center to feel the safety clutch.
- Pull the safety clutch upwards.
- Raise the hood to open.