Use this tutorial to learn how to operate the child safety locks on the Chevy Equinox.
- Open the rear door and locate the child safety lock switch on the inside of the door.
- Flip the switch to the right to enable the child safety lock. Flip it left to disable it.
2016 & 2017 Models
- Open the rear door and locate the key hole for the child safety locks on the inside of the door.
- Use the main key to turn it clockwise to the horizontal position to enable the child locks, or turn it counter-clockwise to the vertical position to turn them off.
- Repeat these steps for the other rear door.
Simply use the child safety lock button located on the audio system. When the button is illuminated, the child safety locks are turned on.
I hope these steps worked well for you and you now know how to turn the child safety locks on and off for the Chevy Equinox.