The Chevy Cruze has a feature that displays an Engine Oil Life Remaining percentage. This information helps you know when to change your oil. For example, if “REMAINING OIL LIFE 80%” is displayed, that means 80% of the current oil life remains.
Once the Remaining Oil Life hits a low percentage, a message that says “CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON” will be displayed.
You can reset the “Oil Life Remaining” percentage light on your 2008 to 2020 Chevy Cruze using these steps.
Option 1 – Reset Using Accelerator Pedal
- Turn the ignition to the first position. Do not start the engine. For push button models, press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once without holding the brake down.
- Press the accelerator pedal slowly all the way down 3 times within a 5 second interval.
- Turn the ignition off.
The next time you start your Cruze, the oil light will be reset.
Option 2 – Reset Using Driver Information Center
- Bring up the Driver Information Console by pressing the “Menu” button on the right side of the steering wheel.
- Use the wheel to scroll to “Remaining Oil Life“.
- Press and hold the “SET/CLR” button. On some models, you may have to press and hold the “√” button.
The oil life will reset to 100%.
How many miles does it take to go from 100% to 0% oil life.
According to Chevy, it differs. The compute measures all kinds of indicators such as engine revolutions and miles traveled. Chevy recommends changing the oil on the Cruze every 3,000 miles.