The Chevy Cruze has a feature that displays an Engine Oil Life Remaining percentage that helps you know when to change your oil. For example, if “REMAINING OIL LIFE 80%” is displayed, that means 80% of the current oil life remains.
Once the Remaining Oil Life hits a low percentage, a message that says “CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON” will be displayed.
You can reset the “Oil Life Remaining” percentage light on your 2008 to 2017 Chevy Cruze using these steps.
- Turn the ignition to the first position. Do not start the engine.
- Press the accelerator pedal slowly all the way down 3 times within a 5 second interval.
- Turn the ignition off.
The next time you start your Cruze, the Oil Life will be reset.
- Bring up the Driver Information Console by pressing the “Menu” button on the turn signal lever.
- Use the wheel to scroll to “Remaining Oil Life“.
- Press and hold the “SET/CLR” button. On some models, you may have to press and hold the “√” button.
The oil life will reset to 100%.
How many miles does it take to go from 100% to 0% oil life.
According to Chevy, it differs. The compute measures all kinds of indicators such as engine revolution and miles traveled. Chevy recommends changing the oil every 3,000 miles.