When it is time to reset the oil light on the Jeep Cherokee, you will be notified by a Chime, a Warning Light and in some models, OIL CHANGE REQUIRED will appear within the instrument cluster/Dashboard each time you start your vehicle and until the light is properly reset. Follow one of the following set of instructions to Reset your Oil Light:
- Turn the ignition to ON position without starting the engine. The overhead console system will display PERFORM SERVICE.
- Press the STEP button until the screen reads 0 MILES TO SERVICE.
- Press the MENU button until you reach SERVICE INTV; You will see a mileage number.
- Use the STEP button to change the mileage.
- Press the RESET button.
- Press the INFO button until MILES TO SERVICE appears in your dashboard.
- Press and hold down the RESET button until the mileage resets.
Push & Non-Push Start Button
- Do NOT press the gas
- Press the Start/Stop button to ON
- Immediately step on the accelerator 3x’s within 5 seconds
- Turn the Start/Stop button to OFF
- Start the vehicle; Warning light should disappear
2015-2019 Via the Start & Stop Button – Option 1
Shift the gear into the PARK position
- Press the Start/Stop button to ON/RUN (Do not start the engine)
- Slowly press the accelerator in 3x’s within 10 seconds
- Press the Start/Stop button to OFF and start the engine. OIL CHANGE REQUIRED should disappear
Via the Start & Stop Button – Option 2
- Shift the gear into the PARK position.
- Do NOT press the brake! Press the Start/Stop button to ON/RUN (Do not start the engine).
- On the steering wheel, press the right arrow until OIL LIFE appears on the console screen.
- Push and HOLD the OK button until the oil light percentage changes to 100%.
- Press the Start/Stop button to OFF and start the engine. OIL CHANGE REQUIRED should disappear.
After these steps have been performed, you have successfully reset the oil light on the Jeep Cherokee If you are unable to reset the oil light utilizing one of these methods, repeat the steps. If you are still unsuccessful, contact the dealership for assistance or consult your vehicle user’s manual.