Once service has been performed on your Cadillac Escalade, it’s time to reset the Oil Life System. This will clear the “Change Engine Oil Soon” message that appears on the instrument panel display. Just follow these steps.
Option 1 – Using Pedals
With the Oil Life displayed on the instrument panel screen, press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds. This will reset the Oil Life to 100% and clear the “Change Engine Oil Soon” message.
Option 2 – Using Control Center
- Press the button on the control system.
- Turn the knob to highlight “Oil Life“, then push in on the knob to select it.
- Select “Reset” > “Yes“, and the Oil Life will be reset to 100%.
- Press the “Left” arrow on the “SEL” directional pad 2 times until you get to the far-left menu.
- Press Up and Down on the “SEL” directional pad to get to the “Oil Life” option.
- Press and hold “SEL” until the system resets.