Opening the hood of a Buick Encore can seem straightforward, but this process can be challenging without the correct information. If you’ve been struggling with opening the hood of your Buick Encore, then this step-by-step guide is for you.
2019 – 2022 Models
- Park your car and turn off the engine.
- Pull the hood release lever on the bottom-left of the instrument panel. It will have a popped hood image on it. You will hear the hood pop and open slightly.
- Step out of your car and walk to the front of your vehicle.
- Slide your hand under the hood and move the secondary lever to the right ▶️.
- Once the secondary lever is disengaged, lift the hood to open.
2014 – 2018 Models
- When inside your vehicle, look down where the pedals are. On the left side, towards the edge of the door, you’ll see the hood release with an open hood image. Pull it.
- The hood will open slightly, and you will hear a pop.
- Step out of the car and move to the front of your vehicle.
- Touch just under the hood to feel the secondary release lever.
- Push the lever to the right ▶️.
- Pull the hood up to open.