How to open the trunk/rear door on the 2015 through 2017 Toyota Prius.
Option 1 – Rear Button
- From the outside of the vehicle, press the button on the door and raise it.
Option 2 – Manual Release
Use this method if you no longer have power to open the trunk.
- Flip the back seats down.
- Access the tool-box under the carpeting behind the rear seats. You can open it by twisting the two knobs and opening it.
- A piece of plastic may be covering the trunk release. If so, remove the plastic.
- Using two fingers, pull the lever in the trunk release hole toward you, and the trunk should pop open.